Microblading is the process of implanting pigment into the skin to give the appearance of natural hair. Although it’s classified as a permanent makeup tattoo, due to skin regeneration of the process, it will fade over time. For this reason, touchups are suggested once annually in order to keep the color fresh and the shape precise. Microblading is a subtle, natural enhancement that will create fuller and more natural-looking brows. It looks most natural on clients who already have semi-full brows and want to perfect their shape: the more hair you have, the more natural it will appear. Please note that microblading heals best on young, healthy, and dry/normal skin. The process is not recommended for those with oily skin, aging skin, or particularly thin skin, as you may experience complications in healing, and the results will not look as natural. If you fall into this category, you would be a better candidate for combination or ombre brows!
This is the process of implanting pigment into the skin to simulate the appearance of filled-in brows. Instead of drawing individual strokes throughout the brow, like microblading, we complete the powder brow using a machine to create a brow that looks filled in and more dense. Opting for powder brows will result in a more filled-in look throughout the brow.
Combination brows are just the way they sound: a combination of the above two processes. Each procedure is individually tailored, but generally speaking, an emphasis will be placed on individual microbladed strokes near the front of the brow, and the process will steadily transition to powder toward the middle and end of the brow.
The initial appointment will last between ninety minutes and two hours. First, we’ll have a design consultation, discussing the specifics of your ideal look. After we’ve created a design to your specification, the remainder of the session will consist of numbing the area and completing the permanent cosmetics procedure. Any included follow-up sessions will be shorter, and must be used within 3 months.
To book an appointment, please visit our booking site! Select a date and time that’s most convenient for you, and we’ll reach out to you shortly.
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds on cancelations. By cancelling an appointment, you will forfeit your initial deposit.
We accept most forms of payment, including, cash, check, credit, debit and Venmo.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are currently using Accutane, or have used Accutane within the past year
- Have a freshly tanned or sunburned face
- Are on blood thinning medications or antibiotics
- Have rosacea
- If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment, along with the pencil or powder you’re currently using!
- If you tint your brows, you will want to do so a minimum of 72 hours before your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area for two weeks before or after the procedure.
- You must plan to avoid water for 7-10 days following your appointment. This includes pools, lakes, saltwater, extreme sun exposure, and even excessive sweating, so plan your vacations accordingly!
- No Botox, fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or any similar skin process for at least two weeks prior to the procedure, and for two weeks after.
- Please be mindful that doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result!
- Do not work out or exercise the day of your appointment.
- Do not take any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. aspirin or Ibuprofen) for 72 hours before.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours before your procedure.
- The results of the procedure might not be immediately apparent! In the hours right after your appointment, your brows will appear much darker and bolder than they will heal, due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. This is normal. Your brows may also appear warmer in color, and you may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, which typically disappears within 48 hours.
- Around day three, you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area. Make sure not to pick at it! Doing so could result in a loss of pigment in those areas.
- Please also note that brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas appear very light, or as if they’ve lost pigment entirely. This is also normal: after the brows peel, the epidermis will be thicker, causing muting, hiding, or diffusing of the pigments underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4-6 weeks, at which point the softened pigment will appear more clearly on the surface of the skin.
- We do not offer consultation appointments, but if you have a specific question or concern about our services, you’re welcome to email. We reserve enough time to discuss your exact needs and wants during the initial appointment.
- If you’re in need of correction work, or have had your brows tattooed previously by another artist, we have options to help to.
- Please note that any client coming to us from a different artist is considered a new client, with full prices!